The Canyon Course has long since made a name for itself, playing host to some memorable international tournaments, including the Honda Invitational in 1996 and the Johnie Walker Classics Tournament, twice; first in 1994 when Greg Norman reclaimed the rank of world number one, setting the Canyon Course record as he did so, then again in 1998 which witnessed Tiger Woods staging one of the most astounding comebacks of the game to see Ernie Els defeated in a playoff for the final hole. All of this and more combined has seen the Canyon Course win several prominent awards, including the "Asian & Pacific Golf Course of the Year 1999" (Hertz International Golf Travel Awards).
The Canyon Course is not for the feint hearted, challenging the best of players as it flows effortlessly through the dramatic nature of Phuket's tin-mining past. It features a demanding combination of narrow tree-lined fairways and challenging dog-legs requiring accurate tee shots and precision play. With 80 bunkers, water at 14 of its holes, tight landing areas with slick Bermuda Tifdwarf greens, this course demands your best play throughout.
There are a selection of demanding par 3's including the 4th hole which drops to an island green from a height of 40m, and the 200 yard, canyon-skirting 17th hole with a sloping, hidden green which was described as "one of the best par 3's in golf", by Fred Couples and voted one of the "Top 500 Best Holes in the World". The signature 13th hole, nicknamed the Tiger Hole, is another dramatic encounter testing character at least as much as ability. A gaping canyon dropping off from the tee box requires an exceptional carry to set up your approach with the only alternative being to play away from the green, leaving a steep incline of 150 yards or more up to the green. With a plaque by the tee celebrating Tiger Woods driving the green, many a ball has been lost to the canyon depth as players try to copy him.
Blue Canyon Country Club (Canyon Course) Special Rates
|Period||Green Fee Only||1 Golfer Package||2 Golfers Package||3 Golfers Package||4 Golfers Package|
|Green fee + caddy fee + round-trip transfers (price per person)|
1 November 2016
31 October 2017
|Special Deals: If your group consists of more than 4 golfers, we can offer you the better rates than the rates listed above. Please send us the booking request and we will offer you the special rates according to the number of your party.|
(Compulsory if you not use our package)
(Compulsory only for non-golfers)
|These are the additional fees that you may have to pay directly to the golf course|
|฿700 / golfer||฿350 / golfer||฿500 / golfer||฿2,800 / non-golfer|
- Rates are displayed in Thai Baht Currency.
- Net rates are inclusive of 7% VAT.
- Rates above are displayed as price per person.
- The round-trip transfers of the package rates are based on the distance of your accommodation to the golf course. If you stay outside Patong, Kata, Karon or Kamala area, there might be the extra charge on the transfers.
- Use of golf cart at The Canyon Course is compulsory. Maximum 1 golfer per cart is permitted. The golf cart rental is 700 Baht/cart/person (18 Holes).
- 'Green Fee Only' rate is NOT include compulsory caddy fee of 350 Baht per person.
- Rates above are NOT inclusive of caddy tip. Blue Canyon Country Club has recommended to tip their caddy from 500 Baht. You can give it directly to your caddy after the game.
- Follower fee of 2,800 Baht per non-golfer must be paid to the proshop, if you have non-golfers accompany into the course.
|Blue Canyon (Canyon Course)|
|Value of Money:|
|Rated by PhuketGolfCourse.com's Customers|
Year Established: 1991
Designed by: Mr. Yoshikazu Kato
Length/Par: 7,179 yds/72
Fairway Grass: Zoysia Materella
Grass on Green: Bermuda Tiffdwarf
Golf Cart: Compulsory
- Black tee: 7,179 yards; 74.8/141*
- Blue tee: 6,664 yards; 73.0/137*
- White tee: 6,330 yards; 71.5/134*
- Red tee: 5,943 yards; 75.2/134*
* Course Rating/Slope Rating