The Red Mountain has fast become labeled one of Asia's top courses since it opened in 2007. Twisting its way through the rugged landscape of an old tin mine, this course offers an exciting variety of play to match the stunning variety of nature.
There are long par 4's stretching up to 470 yards for the long hitters, drivable par 4's with the chance of a birdie and the signature 9th hole is a dramatic par 3 with a 50m drop from tee to green. Each hole presents a different challenge with a variety of options, rewarding those with a tactical approach to their game and the measured skill to see it safely to the green. An exciting variety of green play also presents itself and with the newest, shade-tolerant Bermuda Hybrid grasses, putting surfaces remain fast and true year round.
There are natural waste bunkers, towering precipices, deep ravines and flooded gullies, all seamlessly integrated and challenging even to the most experienced players. And as you weave your way through the dramatic changes in elevation, you are rewarded with panoramic views over Phuket before heading back down another gully lined with tropical forest. In fact, the elevation changes so drastically on this layout that golf carts a compulsory addition. Every aspect of Red Mountain ensures her players are captivated by the exciting diversity of play and the spectacular natural scenery.
The Red Mountain course is a standard par 72 covering just under 7,000 yards in total from the pro tees, making it a challenging but enjoyable course for players of different levels. Exceptional care has been taken regarding the drainage, ensuring the fairways are ready and in top condition, even after the torrential downpours of rainy season. With exceptional off-course facilities to accompany the top-class golf, Red Mountain has rightly earned the label of Best Course in Phuket.
Red Mountain Golf Club Phuket Special Rates
|Period||Holes||Green Fee Only||1 Golfer Package||2 Golfers Package||3 Golfers Package||4 Golfers Package|
|Green fee + caddy fee + round-trip transfers (price per person)|
30 April 2014
|Special Deals: If your group consists of more than 4 golfers, we can offer you the better rates than the rates listed above. Please send us the booking request and we will offer you the special rates according to the number of your party.|
(Compulsory if you not use our package)
(Compulsory for each non-golfers)
|These are the additional fees that you may have to pay directly to the golf course|
|฿400 for 9 Holes
฿700 for 18 Holes
|฿350 for 9 Holes|
฿350 for 18 Holes
|฿200 for 9 Holes|
฿400 for 18 Holes
|฿700 for 9 Holes|
฿1,000 for 18 Holes
- Rates are displayed in Thai Baht Currency.
- Net rates are inclusive of 7% VAT.
- Rates above are displayed as price per person.
- The round-trip transfers of the package rates are based on the distance of your accommodation to the golf course. If you stay outside Patong, Kata, Karon or Kamala area, there might be the extra charge on the transfers.
- Use of golf cart on Red Mountain Golf Club Phuket is compulsory. Maximum 1 golfer per cart is permitted. The golf cart rental is 400 Baht/cart/person (for 9 Holes), or 700 Baht/cart/person (for 18 Holes).
- 'Green Fee Only' rate is NOT include compulsory caddy fee of 350 Baht/person.
- Rates above are NOT inclusive of caddy tip. Red Mountain Golf Club has recommended to tip their caddy from 200 Baht (for 9 Holes), or 400 Baht (for 18 Holes). You can give it directly to your caddy after the game.
- Follower fee of 700 Baht/person (for 9 Holes) or 1,000 Baht/person (for 18 Holes) must be paid to the proshop, if you have non-golfers accompany into the course please inform us in the booking form.
|Red Mountain Golf Club Phuket|
|Level of Difficulties:|
|Value of Money:|
|Rated by PhuketGolfCourse.com's Customers|
Year Established: 2007
Designed by: Jonathan Morrow
Rough: 45 mm.
Fairways: 15 mm.
Greens: 3.8 mm.
Green Speed: 8.5 (Stimp Meter)
Fairway Grass: Seashore Paspalum
Grass on Green: Bermuda Novotek
Golf Cart: Compulsory
- Black tee: 6,781 yards; * 71.4/72.7/136
- Blue tee: 6,341 yards; * 69.4/70.4/128
- White tee: 5,925 yards; * 67.6/68.6/121
- Red tee: 5,203 yards; * 68.9/70.4/123
* Yardage Rating/Course Rating/Slope Rating